- Business Process Transformation
- Customer Engagement Transformation
Touchette knew that to more fully support its Medicaid and uninsured populations — while maintaining a firm financial footing — it had to increase patient outreach so the overall patient experience was streamlined and enhanced. But a cookie-cutter care management program just wouldn’t work. The needs of Touchette’s target population were too diverse and unique. Touchette challenges were significant, including:
- Inadequate outreach channels: patients frequently had unreliable phone service or used disposable phones that were switched out often. A standard outreach protocol would not reach these patients.
- Bureaucratic barriers: Medicaid and charity care programs can be difficult to navigate, requiring access to large amounts of information and familiarity with complex and changing processes. A “one time” communication effort relying on uncommitted staff at a generic call center could neither prepare patients nor ensure clinical and administrative follow through.
- Excessive workload and insufficient reimbursement: patients and Touchette staff alike were often overburdened by cumbersome workloads associated with Medicaid and uninsured population reimbursement hurdles; as a result, relatively few procedures were fully reimbursed, jeopardizing the financial viability of further community outreach efforts.
In short, Touchette needed a committed partner willing to provide a tailored solution to help streamline the patient experience. The solution Touchette needed would have to minimize administrative hurdles and place the patient at the center of the healthcare equation.