Maximize your work-life balance with both full and part-time schedules.
Save thousands of dollars per year with no commute to work and no dress code.
Maintain career continuity when you need to relocate.
The Advantage of
Working with Us
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Paid training
- Paid time off
- Vision, dental, and health benefits
- Flexible scheduling based on program needs
- Performance incentives on selected programs
- World-class virtual support
- Career development & advancement opportunities
Sutherland's partnerships with talent acquisition resources help us broaden our recruitment pool and find the best talent for our clients. We are proud to work with a wide range of partners that include the following.
What do I need to be able to work for Sutherland Remote Engagement?
In order to be considered, applicants must have a quiet, distraction-free place from which to work that includes a door. It is important to note that working from home is not a replacement for child/elder care. In addition, you need to have a PC that meets our minimum requirements and a high-speed broadband account that meets our throughput tests. Please view our Technology Requirements to see all minimum requirements.
How much does Sutherland Remote Engagement pay?
Sutherland's compensation package for its remote employees is competitive in the work-at-home industry. Employees are paid on a bi-weekly basis, either via direct deposit or a pay card.
How does scheduling work?
Remote employees enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule - without the hassle of commuting, Here's how it works: While specific requirements vary by program, we will work together to establish a window of availability that your shifts can be scheduled within. This gives you the freedom to schedule your life outside of work without worry. Your program may also offer short, long or split shifts to help further optimize your schedule. And, if your lifestyle needs change over time, we are happy to try and work with you on changes to your window of availability, provided that they still align with your program's needs and you are performing well.
Do I have to pay for Training?
No! Our employees are direct-hires, so you are paid for training and all hours worked. Unlike being an independent contractor, where you not only pay for training, but are not guaranteed a position even if you pass.
Can I work for Sutherland Remote Engagement if I already work for another work at home company?
No. If you work for Sutherland Remote Engagement, you cannot work for another work at home company due to conflict of interest.
Can I work for more than one client at a time?
Sutherland Remote Engagement doesn't use a "shared-agent" model, so when you are assigned to a client, you will be 100% dedicated to that client.
What if I don't like the client I've been hired for?
We take our commitments to our clients very seriously, and we ask that you do the same. However, once you have been with your program for six months, and if you remain in good standing, we will allow you the opportunity to transfer to another available position.
Does Sutherland provide benefits to its remote workers?
Yes, Sutherland offers benefits to full-time employees, and offers a basic 401k package for part-time workers.
I use mobile broadband or satellite for my internet connection; will that work?
Unfortunately, no. High-speed cable or DSL internet connection is a must. We do not support mobile broadband, satellite, or wireless connections. Please view our Technology Requirements to see all minimum requirements.
What types of positions are available with Sutherland Remote Engagement?
The majority of our remote positions are part time opportunities with an emphasis in customer service. As client needs and demands expand, so do our opportunities. That means that occasionally we may have the need to hire for full-time roles as well. We are very proud of the fact that most of our management positions are often filled by our internal work at home employees who demonstrate the level of dedication and flexibly required of a manager.
Does Sutherland Remote Engagement require background or credit checks?
Sutherland requires a criminal background check of all employees. Additionally, some clients may ask for an additional screening for credit. You will be informed if this additional requirement is needed for the position you are applying for during the hiring process.
Aspects of our minimum home office requirements vary depending on assignment. For example, some assignments require consultants to provide a Windows computer, while others are supported by devices provided by Sutherland. In all cases, a consultant’s work environment, in-house network, and connection to the Internet must continuously support outstanding call quality and high-speed interactive response rates.
Internet connectivity and home network minimum requirements:
- Internet access speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download are required to meet our minimum quality standards (certain client programs may require higher speeds)
- System must be plugged/hardwired directly into your Internet Service Provider’s modem. Wireless range extenders, wireless and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are NOT compatible with our systems
Computer minimum requirements:
- Dual Core or greater processing environment with minimum processor speed of 1.66 Ghz required (the faster the processing environment the better)
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM, the more RAM the better (certain client programs may require additional RAM)
- 10 GB available hard drive space
- One or more available USB ports (2.0 or greater)
- Sound card installed and enabled
- Windows 10 (Must be a valid licensed Windows version currently supported by Microsoft)
- USB Headset*
- Dual-ear (designed to minimize audio interference from outside sources)
- Noise-cancelling microphone
* We tested numerous USB headsets that are available for less than $40 and recommend Plantronics Blackwire 3220 USB-A or Logitech USB H570e