Guardian Group sought to improve operational efficiencies among back office functions, deliver consistent reporting of key business metrics and strengthen their overall customer experience.
An opportunity to transform and modernize processes was positively embraced by the Caribbean’s leading insurance services provider, whose offerings include life, health and pensions, asset management and Property and casualty insurance. Prior to engaging with Sutherland, Guardian handled many of their front and back office processes with “people power.” At the time, Guardian saw an opportunity to improve operational efficiencies related to new business, premium application, policy administration, claims and accounting. Guardian also wanted to reduce operating costs below industry norms, so we were engaged to transform processes to improve efficiencies.
To make a positive impact on our client’s organization, our consultants gathered detailed operational data and held discussions with subject matter experts, stakeholders and executives to understand Guardian’s current state processes, identify gaps and needs to collaborate on future solution designs. The Sutherland team identiﬁed numerous process transformation opportunities, designed the high level workflow and technology for each and delivered business cases to help with justifying the investment in these initiatives, while minimizing the impact to Guardian’s existing core legacy systems.
Our cloud-based solutions for Guardian:
- Digitization at source and smart forms: Conversion of all paper-based, handwritten forms and images to digital data. This enabled further downstream processing and use by the technology components below.
- Smart workﬂow and document management: Automated routing of transactions and documents, while assigning and orchestrating work to business rules and workload.
- Robotic process automation: Software routines that access, calculate, copy, paste, use embedded business rules to interpret and enter data into the core, enterprise application.
- Customer relationship management: Data architecture, in combination with a packaged application, to present and use all, relevant customer interaction history, policy and claims information in a unified desktop for use by Guardian’s front-office personnel.
- Analytics: Sutherland’s proprietary, cloud-based analytics platform geared not only to deliver rich reporting and dashboard trend analysis, but also to support ongoing analytical diagnostics to identify new market opportunities, product strategies and to provide related business decision support.
When fully implemented, the client will see an estimated 25 percent reduction in manual efforts and associated labor cost for some activities, 20 percent reduction in claims-related processing turnaround time and 100% digitization of forms now available online.
Sutherland's automation for insurance carriers can alleviate inefficiencies and save big dollars.
Read more about how we helped Guardian Group reduce its manual efforts by 20 percent with our digital solutions by clicking here.